Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 15 March 2012

Which is your favourite lake in the Lake District?

I've written a web page called The Top 10 Lakes in the Lake District, and I've got a poll on there for you to vote on your favourites.
It's just my view, but Rydal Water is number 1, and Grasmere is number two. I admit it, I'm biased. With Rydal Water just steps away from our door, and Grasmere a beautiful 10 minute walk away, I visit both of these lakes several times a week. Every day is different- the weather, the light, the trees, the birds.
Yesterday we saw the red squirrel in the White Moss garden again, we saw the heron on White Moss tarn, and a buzzard landed in a tress at close quarters.
This morning the news wasn't so good. I woke up to find the garden full of sheep eating the daffodils. These are our local Herdwick sheep. They think my garden is part of their "hefted" land, and it's hard to keep them out once they've got the taste of our lovely fresh grass. I've also written an article about Herdwick sheep too if you'd like to take a look.

White Moss House re opens on 29 March, and we have just one room left for that weekend. We do still have a room for the Easter weekend.
Grasmere and Helm Crag taken 10 minute's walk from White Moss House, January 2011
In April and May we are offering short breaks at our Grasmere holiday cottage with amazing views. Please email sue@whitemoss.com to find out more about availability and rates. We'd love to welcome you to the Lakes this spring. You can "wander lonely as cloud........" as Wordsworth and Julie Walters said!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice messages are very welcome.