Here are some of the reasons;
- The children are all back in school, so the area is quiet.
- People are feeling the economic pich so the area is quiet
- Most overseas visitors don't come until the summer, so the area is quiet
- It's Quiet- that's great for those of you who make it here!
- The daffodils are still out because it's been so cold
- The cherry blossom is coming along and will soon look great
- The azaleas and rhododendrons are just waiting to burst into life
Then there are
- Great walks from the door
- Wordsworth's homes nearby to visit, along with Beatrix Potter's (Hill Top) and John Ruskin's (Brantwood) homes
- Many cultural events- festivals, theatre, music- there's always something going on
- And of course the Lakes themselves- boat, sail, row or just admire.
|View of Rydal Water from White Moss viewpoint, April|
I could go on- I often do......but let's just say- try to fit in a visit to the Lakes. Ideally, visit White Moss House ( owned by Wordsworth) for B & B or Brockstone Holiday Cottage perched above Rydal Water for self catering. We're offering special rates at both places- did I mention that's it's quiet here- that means you can grab a bargain!