Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 13 July 2010

Do badgers eat wasps part 2

White Moss House Bed and Breakfast Grasmere, the scene of an overnight garden mystery- do badgers eat wasps?



Here are two incriminating photos. The walls of the nest have been broken up . They actually have honycomb patterns like a bees nest- makes sense I suppose- I've never seen inside a wasps nest before.There is no sign of any of the tasty grubs ( I believe fishermen sometimes use them as bait), just a few shell shocked, dopey looking wasps ( which is why I could get so close)

I've often wondered what function wasps served in God's Great Plan. If they give a badger ( or whatever) a good dinner, then that's a fair use for them in my book.

If you have any info on this, please eamil me- sue@whitemoss.com, or tweet me, @whitemosshouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice messages are very welcome.